Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

I'll bet this one opens a can of worms. Iain Thomson, attending the InfoSec Europe conference in London, writes on vnunet.com that:

"ISPs should be taking care of internet security and offering "clean" internet connections, according to security experts speaking at this year's InfoSecurity Europe event. Bruce Schneier, chief technical officer at Counterpane, maintained that ISPs should be the gatekeepers for security and be able to offer safe internet access, even if it comes at a price."
And I thought I was an instigator. One of my favorite Schneier quotes from this article:
"I expect clean water from my water supplier," he told vnunet.com. "Why can't I get the same level of service from my ISP? They could solve a lot of common security problems but don't seem to want to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home