10 Rules That All Bosses Should Live By
I am writing to you as a newly minted rebel. My main purpose in life is to take your best, your brightest, most creative, hard-working and passionate employees and sneak them out the hallways of your large corporation so that they are free of the yoke of lethargy, oppression and resentment:
- Don't spend millions of dollars to try and change your culture.
- Stop running your company like the mafia.
- Spend a moment walking around the halls of your company and look at your employees.
- Teach people how to get rich like you.
- Don't ask for your employees' input if you are not going to listen to it.
- Don't train people until you know what problem you are solving.
- Ditch the PowerPoint when you have town hall meetings.
- Focus on the work people do, not how or when they do it.
- Watch the burnout.
- Forbid people to work while they are on vacation.
Explainations and details on each principle can be found here.