Tuesday, July 04, 2006

America, I am Your Flag



I am your Flag.

I am more than just cloth shaped into a design.
I am the refuge of the World's oppressed people.
I am the silent sentinel of Freedom.
I am the emblem of the greatest nation on earth.

I am the inspiration for which American
Patriots gave their lives and fortunes.
I have led your sons into battle from Valley Forge
to the bloody swamps of Viet Nam.
I walk in silence with each of your Honored Dead,
to their final resting place beneath the
silent White Crosses, row upon row.

I have flown through Peace and War, Strife and
Prosperity, and amidst it all I have been respected.
My Red Stripes . . . symbolize the blood spilled
in defense of this glorious nation.
My White Stripes . . . signify the burning
tears shed by Americans who lost their sons.

My Blue Field. . . is indicative of God's
heaven under which I fly.
My Stars . . . clustered together, unify
50 States as one, for God and Country.
"Old Glory" is my nickname,
and proudly I wave on high.

Honor me, respect me, defend me with
your lives and your fortunes.
Never let my enemies tear me down from my
lofty position, lest I never return.

Keep alight the fires of patriotism, strive
earnestly for the spirit of democracy.
Worship Eternal God and keep His commandments,
and I shall remain the bulwark of peace
and freedom for all mankind.

I am your Flag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home