Thursday, February 07, 2008

Distraction: Fergie's Tech Blog 1-2-3 - UPDATE [2]


Threat Level pal Ryan Singel has now sucked me in (involuntarily, I might add) to this "1-2-3 book" meme, which is being described as "...the most annoying thing since email chain letters."

Gee, it's not like I don't have better things to do, Ryan.

But in Ryan's defense, he rightly blames on the folks over at Danger Room for sucking him in.

Only the NSA knows for sure from whence this evil originated...

Here's the deal.

We have been instructed to open the nearest book to page 123, go down to the 5th sentence, and type up the 3 following sentences (or else).

From my bookshelf, I chose Chalmers Johnson's "Nemesis: The Last Days of The American Republic":

"These numbers are probably a significant underestimate. Using methods I shall describe below, the London Times, CBS News's 60 Minutes, and other sources were able to identify at least 600 flights of CIA airplanes to forty different countries, including 30 trips to Jordon, 19 to Afghanistan, 17 to Morocco, 16 to Iraq, with stops in Egypt, Libya, and Guantanamo. Aircraft known to be involved in CIA rendition operations have landed at British airports at least 210 times since 9/11."

And in true "chain letter" tradition, I have to "tag" five people:


I feel completely dirty now.

- ferg


UPDATE: 17:44 PST: Chronicles of Dissent follows suit... -ferg

UPDATE: 17:51 PST, 8 February 2008: Thoughts of a Technocrat ditto. -ferg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home