Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Secret Service demands removal of Bush+Guns collages on Flickr

Cory Doctorow posts over on Boing Boing:

Alfie sez, "Jeremy recently got a visit from the Sekrit Service, because of some satirical protest images of Bush Jr. he posted on Flickr."
I created a series of collages, entitled "Bush and Guns". I "remixed" pictures of Bush (from the AP Photo wire) and guns (randomly found on Flckr)... I posted these new images to Flikr, as a set entitled "Bush and Guns". With each picture, I posted a link back to the original story, with an explanation that the collage series was a commentary on this incident in Chicago. I posted this set to several "anti bush" political groups on Flikr, and received some positive feedback on them. I also urged others to create "Bush and guns" artwork, and post it online, as a sort of protest against actions and policies, that, to my mind, have a chilling effect on people's first amendment rights."..."The agents started out with "easy" questions, like my name, address, what I did at my job, etc. Then they started asking if I've ever been under psychiatric or psychological care or counseling.
Link (Thanks, Alfie!)

Update: Chris Wells has mirrored the images in question here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home