Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dilbert: When Monkeys Fly Out of My Butt


Click for larger image.

Scott Adams writes over on the Dilbert Blog:

Apparently some newspaper chose not to run this Dilbert comic from 5/15/06 because it features a winged monkey emerging from a lawyer’s butt.

As you might have noticed, I enjoy trying to figure out what I can get away with. I thought this one cleverly avoided the classic no-no categories. It’s not sexual because the attorney isn’t enjoying the monkey coming out of his butt. And it’s not violent because the monkey is coming out of a pre-existing body opening. It’s not bathroom humor because technically the monkey is not a turd. And the lawyer’s pants never come off so there is no nudity. I thought I covered all the bases.

I wasn’t worried about defamation even though the lawyer looks exactly like my real life lawyer, Jeff. That is a total coincidence. And my deep understanding of the law is that he would have to prove that monkeys do NOT fly out of his ass. My defense would be “Let’s just wait and see. It doesn’t happen that often.”

More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home