Tuesday, June 20, 2006

How Hard Can It Be To Cancel An AOL Account?

Painfully difficult, apparently.

Jane Wells (CNBC) writes on MSNBC:

AOL: Hi, this is John at AOL. How may I help you today?

Ferrari: I want to cancel my account.

AOL: OK. I mean, is there a problem with the software itself?

Ferrari: No. I don't use it. I don't need it. I don't want it.

[John disputes Ferrari's claim that he never uses the account.]


AOL: Last year, last month it was 545 hours of usage.

Ferrari: I don't know how to make it any clearer. So I'm just gonna say it one last time. Cancel the account.

AOL: Well, explain to me what is wrong.

Ferrari: I'm not explaining anything to you. Cancel the account.

[It goes on like this for 5 minutes.]

Ferrari: Cancel my account. Cancel the account. Cancel the account.

More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home