Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ma Bell: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss


Richard Martin writes on the Over the Air Blog:

Yesterday AT&T said it is ramping up and expanding its bundled landline-plus-wireless service -- known as the Unity Plan, which sounds like the latest Iraq strategy from the Bush White House – to add more rollover minutes and decrease the service requirements on the plan. That sounds great, but a quick look at the week's news indicates that "the new AT&T" looks a lot like the old Ma Bell in terms of crappy customer service.

Kevin Drum, blogger at the Washington Monthly, has an infuriating-but-hilarious post on his tribulations once he discovered that AT&T had slapped on a bunch of new features to his home phone service: "To recap: AT&T switched my service without telling me; added some new features I didn't want; hung up the first two times I called; was flatly unable to figure out who in their vast empire I needed to talk to on the third try; eventually told me there was no way to eliminate a feature unless I wanted to pay more; and then told me that sometime soon I wouldn't be able to use my fax machine anymore."

More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home