Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Quote of the Day: Bob Geiger

"I've always enjoyed the Fourth of July.

"It's summer, it's a festive holiday about celebration -- not mourning or remembrance -- and, as a military Veteran, it has been a time to feel good about whatever miniscule role I've played in maintaining our country's strength and freedom.

"But I'm going to skip the barbeques and just go to work today. I do this because the state of my country under the reign of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their entire cabal of crooks and non-patriots, leaves me with a feeling so hollow and barren that I simply cannot use drinking a beer, eating a hot dog or watching fireworks as a soothing balm."

- Bob Geiger, writing that there's "No Joy This Fourth Of July". While I agree with Bob in principle, I'm not going to miss out on the hot dogs and beer (and deviled eggs, and...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home