ICANN Releases Upgraded Invalid WHOIS Reporting System
Via Domain Name Wire.
ICANN has updated its WHOIS Data Problem Report System (WDPRS), which anyone can use to submit reports of inaccurate whois information on a domain name.
According to ICANN, the new system offers many improvements:
- More detailed information is captured from complainants to assist registrars in investigating WHOIS inaccuracies
- Duplicate reports regarding the same domain name are not accepted by the system
- Reports concerning domains already on hold are removed
- Greater capacity has been introduced to allow for bulk submissions of reports
- Processes have been put in place to assess registrar compliance with RAA Whois inaccuracy investigation requirements
The system is available on the Internic web site.