Monday, January 02, 2006

More DRM Follies - The Coldplay Edition

Image source: BoingBoing.net


Via Groklaw.

No doubt you've seen the BoingBoing article about Coldplay's incredible DRM-EULA requirements. Some thought it must be satire. Others thought it was just a regional issue, because the individual that posted the insert is in India. But it seems to be more widespread than that, judging from complaints I'm reading online from customers other countries. So, I got intrigued, and I did a little digging. If you thought Digital Rights Management was just about protecting someone's Most Holy IP, take a look at what I found.

First, while many of you can read the terms from the photograph on Boing Boing, I don't think the blind or sight-impaired can, so here's what the Coldplay insert tells you the consumer must not do and might not be able to do with the CD.

More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home